Senarai Artikel

Khamis, 26 Januari 2017

Datuk Huan Cheng Guan Sues Penang Govt For Defamation


 Datuk Huan Cheng Guan (pic) is initiating legal action against the Penang government and Consortium Zenith-BUCG (CZBUZG) for defamation.

"I will see you in court," said the Parti Cinta Malaysia vice president Parti Cinta Malaysia in a statement on Friday.

Huan said this as a response to an announcement by CZBUZG on Thursday that they were going to sue Huan for defamation for making unsubstantiated accusations and disparaging remarks.

"Their press conference implies that I have lied when I had quoted known sources - including from the the Companies Commission (SSM) and various press statements from the DAP Penang state government.

"Instead of properly answering the valid questions asked and the concerns raised by various quarters including myself on the mega RM6.34bil Penang Tunnel mega-project, they had decided to threaten a lawsuit on me based on frivolous grounds," he said.

He pointed out that it was his right as a politician and a Penang resident to question on the matter.

"Let me remind the Penang government that these are billions of ringgit worth of public funds and state land that you are giving," he said.

Huan stressed that the act of CZBUZG announcing their intent to sue him gives out a perception that he was not being truthful.

"I have fought for the interest of the public with all the evidence I had gathered and forwarded it to the Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission (MACC). If my evidence is based on falsehood, let the MACC punish me with their laws.

"I am forced to take this move to initiate legal action on both the company and the Penang government to protect my integrity and to avoid them tarnishing my reputation.

"By bringing this matter to court, I will be able to force the Penang Government to reveal the documents they refuse to declassify," he said adding that he can now get the answers to the many questions currently being asked.

CZBUZG is the special purpose vehicle set up to undertake certain infrastructure projects in Penang.


Datuk Huan Cheng Guan

Vice President, Parti Cinta Malaysia

10 June 2016


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan